Fusion of my confusion.

 "Let it go"

"what's meant for you will be yours" 

"I won't compromise" 

"Never settle for less"  

We often come across these or similar phrases popping up on statuses or social media profiles every second day, and the very common assumption that we all have is that "maybe this person had a heartbreak...maybe that person had a fall out with someone special" be it with friends, family or a love interest. 

But are we misunderstanding these statements and using them as an excuse to cover up our own flaws and projecting it out on others without reflecting it on ourselves? 

Some might say "Duh! What rubbish I know myself better or you? Only I know what I have been through. It's very easy for you to just type it out by sitting at home. What will be ever wrong with me?" or some of us might accept that there really may be something lacking within ourselves that the pattern as such keeps repeating with us.

I sometimes really wonder how do our elders still have those age old relationships with people of their age, while we just find it so easy to break bonds without even affording to have a second thought. Its become quiet easy for us to connect with people through our screens that we cease to care about the real physical bonds we have with people around us. 

We often mistake to comprehend the difference between "self-care/self-love" and "being selfish". I say this because somewhere without us realising, we’ve become bitterly greedy, that we very often expect way too much from others, rather than knowing that to keep anything going the efforts are needed equally from both the sides. 

Sometimes we accept our mistakes while the other times we learn to forgive. And very bravely we learn when it's the final time to stop holding on to things and let them go.  

I'm neither saying settle for less nor that you have to always put your needs below others and be people's pleaser. Speak your heart and mind out while also having the strength to listen to what the other person has to say, prepare yourself to accept it, rather than holding on the attitude of "this is who I am, perfectly perfect, flawless, accept me the way I am".

Ask yourself if you would like to accept or even associate with someone having this attitude/mindset? 

"I am the best" "I deserve better" "I know my worth" "I am supreme " again I don't understand why do we mistake these affirmations to feed our ego instead of using them for having a positive confidence?

Maybe I'll never know.

We fall and we rise through the good as well as the bad moments of our life with the people we hold close to our hearts. Some we might lose along the way, while to others we may have to bid goodbye ahead of time. But maybe some of us are too naive and very much old school to ever come in terms with "I'm too cool to not care" culture, few might learn it the hard way or maybe some of us will never accept "I don't care" attitude at all. 

So I leave this to you to think about for once that how far are we going away from our human selves, our humble and grounded nature to normalising the new cool calloused and brutish behaviour?


Popular posts from this blog

"Where Are We Heading To?"

A Suitable Boy — 1951 to 2026: Has Anything Really Changed?